Audioconference on Youth Violence Prevention
Posted by on October 13, 2008
Register Now for Oct. 23 Audioconference on Youth Violence Prevention
On Thurs., Oct. 23, at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time, the Youth, Education, and Families Institute will sponsor a free, hour-long audioconference on “Youth Violence Prevention: A Public Health Approach.” This call will highlight comprehensive, city-led efforts to address the root causes of youth violence. Speakers will discuss local initiatives that blend law enforcement with prevention and intervention programs as well as public education campaigns that engage the entire community in reversing the culture of violence. Speakers will include:
* Rob Ingram, director, Office of Youth Violence Prevention, City of Portland, Ore.;
* Ken Shetter, executive director, Safe Cities Commission, Fort Worth, Texas;
* Additional speakers TBA
TO REGISTER FOR THIS FREE CALL: Advance registration is required by close of business on Tues., Oct. 21. No phone registrations can be accepted. If you already registered, you do not have to do so again. One day prior to the event, each registrant will receive an e-mail providing a toll-free, dial-in number to use in joining the audioconference. If you have any questions, leave a detailed message on the YEF Institute information line at (202) 626-3014.
Click Here to Register for this Audioconference >>
More in "Miscellaneous"
- All 17 Phila. Satellite Election Offices Are Open
- Growing Relationships in a Pandemic: A Toolkit – Nov 2 or 9
- Webinar: Closing the Perceptions Gap Among Stakeholders on the Work Readiness of College Graduates – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.