School District of Philadelphia
Associate: Strategic Analytics, School District of Philadelphia
The mission of the District Performance Office (DPO) is to provide timely, relevant and actionable information on the state of our students, our schools and the wide spectrum of central office services aimed to promote student outcomes. True to the spirit of collective accountability and continuous improvement, the DPO aims to establish a consistent and systematic way to assess progress against performance targets aligned to the Superintendent’s Action Plan 3.0. We achieve this mission by creating a suite of performance management tools including but not limited to: School Progress Reports, Management Dashboards, Web Applications and Tools, Custom Reports and Analyses.
Manages and analyzes data from varied sources to produce District and school level accountability tools that facilitate system-wide decision-making. Supports development of educational materials and documentation for key performance tools. Assists with the development and dissemination of oral, written, and visual summaries of key findings and the provision of analytic support to promote the understanding and appropriate use of data.
- Supports development and production of the District Performance Office performance management and accountability tools (performance frameworks and dashboards) using statistical and data visualization software.
- Develops and maintains training and documentation materials for the District’s business (BI) platform, Qlik.
- Develops and maintains training and documentation materials for the District’s business intelligence (BI) platform, Qlik.
- Develops and implements business rules for calculating performance metrics, including decisions regarding sample determination, school/subgroup attribution, and calculation methodology.
- Assemble, cleans, manages and analyzes large longitudinal data sets containing District, school and student-level data.
- Provides analytic support and training to various audiences (school leaders, central office staff) to promote understanding and appropriate use, interpretation, and application of data.
- Supports and assists interns and data analysts with aforementioned functions as needed.
- Fulfills internal and external data requests as necessary.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.