Associate, Fairmount Ventures
Posted by Fairmount Ventures on March 2, 2015
Position Available: Associate, Fairmount Ventures, Inc.
About Fairmount Ventures
Fairmount Ventures (fairmountinc.com) is a social impact business launched to help create the world we all want to live in. Our vision for society is one in which community and connection are valued, where everyone has equal access to the resources and support needed to live healthy, joyful, resilient lives. Our multi-disciplinary, diverse team provides unparalleled insights and access to funding to nonprofit and public sector organizations in order to strengthen and accelerate their transformational impact on communities. Core services include: strategic and business planning, resource and board development, program design and assessment, and mergers and affiliations. Clients benefit from our expertise in multiple fields: early childhood, K-12 and higher education; community healthcare; youth development; human services; housing and community development; arts and culture; historic preservation and interpretation; food access and sustainable communities; and workforce development. Fairmount has been a thought partner to over 325 organizations and is sought for our deep understanding of the Philadelphia region and rich set of connections that we bring to benefit every client.
Fairmount has one Associate position available. Associates work closely with senior staff and project managers to research best practices, conduct interviews, write and submit grant proposals, and assist with strategy development for the firm’s nonprofit clients. Fairmount seeks someone who has a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Urban Studies, Communications, Economics) and at least one year of relevant paid work experience. The successful candidate will be someone with these characteristics:
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong research, synthesis and analysis skills
• Precise attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Energized by an opportunity to serve Fairmount’s nonprofit clients
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, relevant professional writing sample, three professional references, and responses to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Associate” in the subject line. Please limit written responses to the questions to two pages, total. Writing samples and references from the applicant’s paid work experience are strongly preferred.
1. Where did you learn about the job opening?
2. Why are you interested in consulting for nonprofits?
3. What is an example from your recent work experience that illustrates why you are an especially good fit for this position?
4. What are your professional goals for the next 3-5 years?
5. What’s something that’s not on your resume that’s important to know about you?
Compensation: Starting salary $30,000
Start Date: May 2015
Fairmount Ventures is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing a diverse staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.