University of Pennsylvania
Associate Executive Director, Penn Medicine
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
The Associate Executive Director is an integral member of the Penn Presbyterian (PPMC) senior management team
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Operationally providing local entity leadership for a number of academic/teaching departments
- Providing an interface between the hospital and practice leadership
- On site coordination of service line initiatives
- Strategic partnering in developing new and /or expanded clinical services and providing oversight relative to departmental performance against hospital developed metrics in quality, safety and finance
- Interfacing with the corporate department of marketing
- Working with regulatory affairs, ensuring that departments reporting to this position are run efficiently, orderly, and in compliance with city, state, federal and Joint Commission guidelines
- Ensuring that each department strives to support the mission, vision, and values of PPMC and Penn Medicine
- Ensuring that all patients, visitors, and employees are provided with an environment that is conducive to the delivery of healthcare services
- Assures the services for which this role is responsible for maintain a patient/customer focus and meet or exceed operational and budgetary targets
- Assisting in creating an organization designed to support delivery of highest quality care
- Attracting and developing a team of highly capable staff
- Departments included in this role are, Medicine, Surgery, surgical sub-specialties including, Otorhinolaryngology, Oral Maxillofacial, Podiatry, OB/GYN and Urology, and Dermatology. This executive is also responsible for the Penn Presbyterian Wound Care program and serves as the administrator for the hospital based ambulatory facility which includes an 8 room OR suite. Local service lines responsibilities include Hematology/Oncology (Infusion Services & Radiation Oncology at the Philadelphia and Cherry Hill locations) and Musculoskeletal which includes Orthopedics, Pain management and Rheumatology.
Qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree in business, health care administration or related field required
- Minimum of three-to-five years strategic planning, operational or financial experience in the health care industry required
- Specific Experience In An Academic Or Teaching Environment Preferred
- Superior knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and presentation software required
- Strong Communication, Written, Verbal And Presentation Skills Are Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively articulate a point of view based on sound reasoning and facts required
- Ability to take complex information and present it in a clear and concise format required
- Must possess the confidence to work with individuals at all levels of a very complex, matrix-type organization
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.