Associate Director, Corporate Engagement, Year Up
Posted by Year Up Philadelphia on July 28, 2020
Do you have a proven ability to help customers solve their business challenges in the area of workforce management, human capital, and/or talent acquisition? Do you have a passion for creating opportunities for young adults? Year Up is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Philadelphia, PA) to connect with top corporations in need of entry-level talent managing an existing portfolio of partner relationships as well as building a book of business from target accounts. Reporting to the Regional Director of Corporate Engagement, the Associate Director will facilitate day-to-day interactions between Year Up interns and corporate partners to create mutually beneficial business relationships as well as responsibility for renewals, ongoing partner retention and satisfaction.
As part of the Corporate Engagement team, you will help to connect top corporations in need of mid- and entry-level talent with high-potential young adults. This position will have tangible targets in achieving new client acquisition, pipeline development, and renewal/expansion/retention goals. This role will also manage partner issues to resolution and ensure high levels of partner satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to immediately build rapport with prospects and current partners, developing a deep understanding of their business needs. You will bring a high level of confidence working with top-level executives and business unit leadership, demonstrating outstanding professionalism and added value. An ideal candidate will bring demonstrated sales experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting flexibility, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences.
The Associate Director, Corporate Engagement (Philadelphia, PA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Corporate Sales and Partner Relations
- Manage high volume activity successfully meeting revenue and internship seat goals and national alumni hiring targets by generating a scalable corporate partner pipeline and developing a sales strategy that will secure internships in volume
- Build a diversified and balanced portfolio that represents a range of vertical targets and seats covering all product tracks offered in that city
- Responsible for 95%+ renewal rate of internship seats and national alumni hiring goals of at least 45% + conversion
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with Year Up service based on corporate surveys aiming for a 95% survey response rate
- Manage all aspects of corporate partner communications strategies and provide responsive and high-quality customer service
- Expand multi-year commitments within existing partner base
- Work with program staff and corporate partners to collect requirements and feedback that allow for continuous improvement of our curriculum and business model, ensuring that participants are well-prepared for success in the workplace and in pursuit of higher education goals both as Year Up interns and alumni
- Coordinate with accounts to strategically match students, train managers, conduct site visits and execute corporate partner panels
- In a collaborative environment, provide coaching and support to team members to ensure internship seats and revenue goals are met
- Display a willingness to “get things done” while cultivating and sustaining a trusting and nurturing environment for staff and key stakeholders
- Initiate processes that establish high service operating practices to strengthen the internship program
- Develop methods for expanding manager training and preparation to better support successful internship experiences
- Schedule meetings, and conducting corporate site visits to support interns
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to connect with and educate potential partners
- Maintain partner and intern data on Salesforce.com ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Managing performance issues and coordinating communication to managers
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues and opportunities in internship performance as appropriate
- Implement and manage intern support resources by working closely with the Program team
Internship Event Execution
- Identify opportunities for specific engagement activities that meet the goals of the client
- Work as part of a team to coordinate graduation attendance from managers at corporate partners
- Coordinate with accounts to host corporate partner panels
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Active participant in site related and other national support activities, as required
Learn more and apply: https://yearup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=2587
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.