Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Assistant Thrift Store Manager(s), OCCCDA
DESCRIPTION: Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking an Assistant Store Manager(s) for a Thrift Store opening in June 2018. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager(s) is responsible for the day to day operation of the thrift store. We are hiring two persons. The position is 20 hours/wk and pay is $12/hour.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Responsible for managing the daily activities in the store
Ensures that proper records of goods are kept and our racks and warehouse does not run out of products
Ensures that the store facility is in tip top shape and goods are properly arranged and easy to locate
Controls goods distribution and supply inventory
Maintains awareness of product demand to insure competitive pricing
Helps to ensure consistent quality of goods and products on our rack
Supervises the workforce in the thrift store sales floor.
Handles ecommerce aspect of the business
Makes regular posts on social media to build interest in new merchandise
Responsible for installing and maintenance of computer software and hardware for the organization
Manages logistics and supply chain software, Web servers, e-commerce software and POS (point of sale) systems
▪ A commitment to and knowledge of the Oxford Circle community.
▪ Very detail oriented with excellent verbal and multi-tasking skills.
▪ Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
▪ Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings.
▪ Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
▪ Highly motivated and open to training.
▪ Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
▪ Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) upon employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via e-mail by APRIL 13, 2018 to:
Att: Thrift Store Manager
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.