Assistant Teacher, Salvation Army
Posted by Salvation Army Philadelphia Citadel Corps on April 30, 2018
Position: Assistant Teacher (2 positions available)
Department: Philadelphia Citadel, Day Care /Youth Services (School Aged Care)
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedule: Part Time 2:45PM – 6:30PM Monday – Friday
Summer Camp: FT Seasonal 8-5/9-6 M-F
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Assistant Director
Salary and Grade $12.10 per hour; 72 Non-Exempt
Description of Position: Classroom Co-Leader
-Develop and implement lessons and activities for assigned group’s daily program with other staff team members and guidance of Directors.
– Maintain order in the classroom (behavioral management), helps youth with homework and teaches age-appropriate behaviors and social skills
– Maintains a developmentally appropriate environment that fosters children’s social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical development and that respects their dignity and their contribution.- Good with kids- High School Diploma or,
– Child Development Associate and 2 years of experience with children, or
– Bachelor’s in Education Preferred in process or completed.
– Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
-Must have an understanding and appreciation of The Salvation Army’s Mission.
Contact: Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to Monica Menten; firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.