Assistant Site Manager, Campaign for Working Families
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Campaign for Working Families
1207 Chestnut Street, 5th floor
Phila., PA 19107
Position Description: Assistant Site Manager (Part-Time Seasonal position)
Reports to: Site Manager/Director of Operations, Campaign for Working Families
Program: The Campaign for Working Families facilitates expanded income security to low-wage workers in the Philadelphia region by increasing their access to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits, low cost financial services, improved financial planning, and public benefits. During the tax season, the Campaign runs a number of tax sites throughout Philadelphia, staffed primarily by volunteers that provide free tax preparation services for low and moderate income families and individuals.
Purpose of Position: Supports the site manager in the coordination, organization and supervision for all aspects of a Campaign the tax site during the tax filing season.
Length of Appointment: Mid-January to May 1, 2009. Candidates must be available for training during October 2008 through January 2009 and willing to work Saturdays and evenings during the tax season.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE
o Create a welcoming atmosphere for tax customers and volunteers; responsible for all aspects of customer service
o Provide respectful and comfortable environment for volunteers and clients
o Provide access to information on financial programs and products, and public benefits as available and provided by the Campaign. Support the Outreach effort and Cash Coach assigned to the site.
• SITE OPERATIONS
o Support site manager in the effort to ensure smooth operations of tax site.
o Obtain IRS tax certification at the Intermediate or higher level
o Attend Campaign training sessions for Tax Site Operations Staff
o Obtain proficiency in the TaxWise and various software programs used in the tax preparation process at the tax sites
o Support the site manager in the tax site set up process in the beginning of the tax season, including designing client flow, physical space (waiting area, location of tax preparers, printer and fax hook-ups, files, etc.)
o Work with the site manager to ensure the following:
o Accurate customer files are maintained
o Electronic filing process and confirmation process is maintained as follows:
• Tax returns are transmitted in a timely manner.
• Acceptance of returns are verified via Acknowledgement reports
• Rejected returns are followed up in a timely manner
o Data required by the Campaign including downloaded TaxWise reports, spread sheets and final reports are submitted.
o Site is represented for all weekly conference calls and meetings required by Campaign for Working Families
o Manage or perform any other administrative duties as requested by the site manager.
o Support the timely closedown of the tax site as requested by the Campaign and ensure that all final instructions regarding the organization of tax forms and files are adhered to and that tax forms and files are available for delivery/pick up as scheduled.
• IRS COMPLIANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL
o Responsible for working with site manager in maintaining compliance with IRS quality guidelines and procedures and compliance with any request for information during site reviews etc.
o Responsible for maintaining quality, accuracy and security of tax files
• SUPERVISION AND RETENTION OF VOLUNTEERS
o Support all volunteers by providing tax assistance as required at the site
o Proactively manage volunteers in terms of scheduling and training at the site beyond tax preparation to include other aspects of the tax site operations (quality control; filing; screening customers etc).
o Focus on volunteer retention and satisfaction to ensure future volunteer availability and ongoing support for the tax site
o Other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission of the Campaign for Working Families and the individuals and families we serve
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field or previous experience with VITA or computer tax preparation program.
- Willingness to take direction and work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic tax knowledge (Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ) and experience with tax software desirable.
- Ability to work with the public, volunteers, and partners in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Daily access to e-mail.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Willingness to work in hectic, ever-changing environment with good humor.
- High energy, organized, professional and outgoing personality required for success in this position.
Resumes and letters of interest should be mailed to:
Mildred Chavarria, Operations Director
Campaign for Working Families
1207 Chestnut Street, 5th Floor
Phila., PA 19107
via e-mail (email@example.com)
- Lab Assistant, Penn Medicine – Nov 6
- Program Coordinator, Girls First
- Technical Support Specialist, Temple University
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.