Assistant Program Director, Villanova Initiative to Support Inclusiveness and Build Leaders
The Villanova Initiative to Support Inclusiveness and Build Leaders (VISIBLE) seeks an Assistant Program Director to serve as a subject-matter expert and project manager for VISIBLE programs in the areas of policy and research. The Assistant Director will have primary responsibility for managing a review of institutional policies at Villanova that bear on issues of equity among faculty generally, and in the STEM disciplines specifically. Additionally, the Assistant Director will support the Program Director and Associate Program Director in managing and reporting on all other VISIBLE programs, which are delivered primarily through workshops, advocacy groups and self-advocacy groups.
The Assistant Director position offers an opportunity to collaborate with faculty and staff across the organization. Key partners will include: ADVANCE team; the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (ODEI); the Anne Welsh McNulty Institute for Women’s Leadership; VISIBLE staff, graduate assistants and postdoctoral associates; Provost’s Office; Human Resources Office; external consultants and partners; and ad hoc partners from within the Villanova University community.
This grant-funded position is contingent on continued funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute a review of policies that impact equity among the faculty generally, and in the STEM disciplines specifically, in collaboration with key partners. The review may require: coalition building; managing an internal task force; conducting research and constituent interviews; collecting and managing documents; drafting correspondence and reports; and making presentations. The Assistant Director will play a key role in managing the people, materials and processes associated with the policy review.
- Assist with data collection and data summary activities for VISIBLE programs and reports.
- Support VISIBLE staff with planning and managing all aspects of events and meetings associated with ADVANCE grant goals. Events and meetings may include large off-site workshops, small gatherings in informal and formal meeting spaces, group sessions in academic classrooms, and in-person meetings with members of the faculty or staff.
- Prepare and deliver presentations about VISIBLE’s programs to stakeholders from within and outside of the University. Liaise with University Communications and Marketing staff with respect to web and social media content.
- Engage in professional development activities. Serve as a content expert and resource for the University community in areas outside the scope of VISIBLE’s mission.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/18028
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.