Assistant Day Care Director, Salvation Army
Posted by Salvation Army Philadelphia Citadel Corps on April 30, 2018
Assistant Day Care Director
Philadelphia Citadel Corps
Position: Assistant Day Care Director (K-8th G)
Department: Philadelphia Citadel Corps, 5830 Rising Sun Avenue, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediately
Reporting Relationship: Director of Youth Services
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours a week
Salary Grade: 9 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: Duties and requirements include advising, guiding, promoting and maintaining a developmentally appropriate environment that fosters children’s social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical development and that respects their dignity and their contribution.
Description of Position: Responsibilities include meeting state and city regulations, maintaining settings and relationships that support productive work and professional needs, cooperates with the director and supervises teachers in the implementation of the daily program and monitors the curriculum which teaches appropriate behaviors and social skills. Supervising staff to ensure quality, accounting for overall safety and security procedures, keeps open lines of communication between staff, parents and director; maintains all policies and procedures, directs Summer Day Camp program. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, special education, or a related field.
· Must have at least two years of classroom experience.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or email your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Attn: Monica Menten
The Salvation Army- Philadelphia Citadel Corps
5830 Rising Sun Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19120
Or go to http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.