Assessment Specialist, Temple University
Posted by on February 3, 2006
Please apply on line at <a href="http://www.temple.edu">http://www.temple.edu</a> under "jobs @ temple" found in the drop down menu.
Job Title Assessment Specialist
Location TU: Center for Social Policy and Community Development
Campus Main Campus
Full/Part Time Full
Job Number TU-08249
Date Posted 11/29/2005
The Assessment Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and training to participating organizations through the Compassion Capital project in accordance with the mission statement of the Center for Social Policy and Community Development. The incumbent will prepare and provide individualized organizational assessment and technical assistance to community based organizations, schedule meetings, and provide updated progress reports. Develop and implement training programs for faith-based and community organizations. Assist in the development and implementation of mini grant application processes for the technical assistance and funding of community organizations. Assist with strategic and program planning support. Assist in preparing quarterly and annual program progress reports. Participate in community and citywide coalition efforts aimed at community and organizational development. Identify legislative and policy issues impacting community and faith-based organizations. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in organizational development or a related field plus one (1) to two (2) years related experience including experience working with community groups in the areas of fund development, evaluation, or strategic planning.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Extensive knowledge of community resources and needs.
* Familiarity with current issues, knowledge of local and national efforts and trends in community and youth development.
* Excellent administrative and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and planning.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work with diverse community based organizational leaders.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a team member.
* Knowledge and familiarity with range of computer programs and data sets.
*Masters degree in organizational development or a related field.
- Director of Learning, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.