Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania
Artists in Education Program Administrator, Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students in the region have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented programs to over 360,000 students and teachers in over 500 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation. Our goal is to reach every child in our region with the arts, through the work of our team of staff, teaching artists, trustees and volunteers.
Position: Artists in Education Program Administrator
Hours: Full-time, benefits eligible
Application Deadline: February 1
Start Date: March
The AIE Administrator should:
- Hold 5 years of experience in arts administration, education program administration or other relevant experience
- Possess a collegial and collaborative spirit, display flexibility and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively with co-directors, collaborate with staff, and oversee the operational and financial well-being of a program
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to work fluidly with technology including MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills, and social media
- Knowledge of grant reporting systems is a plus, as is experience writing successful grant proposals
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.