Apprentice Manager, Urban Technology Project
Posted by Communities in Schools of Philadelphia on April 28, 2020
The Urban Technology Project (UTP) is an initiative of the School District of Philadelphia in partnership with Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc. that empowers Philadelphia youth and their communities through meaningful technological experiences that link youth leadership development, education and community building.
Apprentice Manager Job Description:
The Apprentice Manager of the Urban Technology Project reports directly to the School District of Philadelphia’s Assistant Director of I.T. Apprenticeship and oversees the I.T. Apprentices’ support and development. This includes supporting and managing 28+ apprentices, ensuring compliance with program and grant requirements, and ensuring apprentice success in the program through career development, frequent communication and support with identifying and attaining career opportunities.
Apprentice Manager Job Duties:
● Support apprentices assigned to schools, businesses and other organizations throughout Philadelphia
● Led the recruitment, placement, training, development, and exit processes for apprentice
● Conduct monthly site visits to each Apprentice Employer site throughout the year
● Plan, organize and oversee apprentice training pathways and track apprentice success in attaining industry certifications
● Provide apprentices with I.T. Fundamental trainings and work with UTP staff to develop and deliver soft skill career training, mock interviews, resume building and more!
● Provide apprentices with performance feedback, intervention and corrective action plans as needed
● Prepare high level program reports for various audiences
● College degree or equivalent work experience
● Organizational and communication skills
● Leadership experience in youth development and/or workforce development
● Attainment of CompTIA A+ certification and one or more other technical certifications such as ACMT, ACiT, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and/or CompTIA Project+
● Fluent in the use of GSuite Tools (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc)
Start Date: June 1, 2020
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, additionally please include: UTP Apprentice Manager in the Subject Line.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.