Apply for the Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships – May 1
Posted by PHENND on February 18, 2020
The Phillip B. Lindy Award aims to recognize a collaborative partnership between at least one K-12 school and one university. This award will be given to the entire partnership, not an individual. Phil Lindy valued collaboration and communication among diverse stakeholders in order to maximize impact.
**This year the Lindy Award will be given to partnerships that address this year’s theme of what would have been the K-16 June Institute – College Student Volunteers in Schools.**
Through establishing the K-16 Partnerships Network at PHENND, he hoped to bring that philosophy to the world of university-school partnerships. The Lindy Award seeks to honor partnerships that focus on meeting articulated school and community needs and that have goals for long-term commitment. At the 2020 K-16 Partnerships Network June Institute, $2,500 total will be given to selected K-16 Partnerships to enhance the mission and vision of the partnership (e.g., partner meetings, collaborative technologies, trainings, celebrations, outreach).
Organizations must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
• Must be located in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, or Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania or Burlington, Gloucester, Camden and Atlantic Counties in New Jersey.
• Partnership must include at least one K-12 school and one Institution of Higher Education (IHE) partner.
• Application must be co-written, submitted and accepted by at least one university staff/faculty member and one K-12 staff member/teacher.
• Yearly program budgets cannot exceed $100,000.
• Partnerships must address the theme of this year’s K-16 June Institute.
In your application, please focus on:
• Process (i.e., how did the partnership begin, how is it maintained?)
• The objectives and outcomes of the partnership.
• The roles of each partner (school and university)
Apply here. Please submit your application by Friday, May 1, 2020, 5:00pm
Questions? Contact Hillary Kane at email@example.com or 215-573-2379.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Next Steps AmeriCorps Program Manager, PHENND
- Service Stories: Episode 2
- Webinar: Global Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Open Access, Virtual Collaborations and New Global Learning Pathways – Aug 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.