AmeriCorps*VISTA, Delaware Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Campaign
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Nehemiah Gateway Community Development Corporation, a non-profit agency located in Wilmington, DE is currently recruiting for an AmeriCorps*VISTA to work primarily on our Delaware Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Campaign.
The DE EITC Campaign provides opportunities for low-income working families to increase their financial well-being by promoting the Earned Income Tax Credit and other federal and state credits and providing free income tax preparation and access to financial products and information. During the tax season, the Campaign runs a number of sites state-wide offering these services.
Specifically, the VISTA will help build partnerships with local and state organizations and agencies, recruit and manage volunteers, develop procedures and mechanisms for evaluating our progress, develop processes, update and maintain the website and research fundraising ideas in order to sustain the program and organization as a whole.
- Some College Course-work (Degree preferred)
- Basic Computer Skills (Intermediate or Advanced a plus)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Communication Skills – Oral & Written
- Good Organizational Skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Interest in Non-profit and/or Financial Education
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Monthly Stipend (Approximately $900/month)
- Health Benefits
- Child Care Assistance (for those who qualify)
- Relocation Assistance (for those who qualify)
- End of year Stipend ($1,200) or Educational Award ($4,725)
- Life Insurance Option
- Housing (provided by Nehemiah Gateway; located in Wilmington, DE)
- Transportation Reimbursement (provided by Nehemiah Gateway)
To learn more about AmeriCorps*VISTA benefits visit http://www.americorps.gov.
E-mail resumes to DEopportunities@ymail.com
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
- Learning Pod and Resource Center: Educators Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.