AmeriCorps*VISTA Data in Education Success Project Leader, YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Posted by YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School on October 1, 2019
Our organization is searching for a 12-month AmeriCorps*VISTA: Data in Education Success Project Leader at YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School to build capacity (behind the scenes rather than direct service to students) to our career program.
YouthBuild Philadelphia is a life-changing, two-year program for 18-20 year olds who previously dropped out of high school. During the first year of the program, students complete a competency-based high school diploma, vocational training (in childcare, construction, customer service, or healthcare) and serve as part-time AmeriCorps members. In the second year of the program, alumni receive support to pursue their postsecondary goals in college and careers. YouthBuild Philadelphia is an award winning, flagship program of the national YouthBuild movement and has been named a Top Workplace by the Philadelphia Inquirer for six consecutive years.
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Data in Education Success VISTA” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Data in Education Success Project Leader will develop processes to evaluate YouthBuild Philadelphia’s success in its educational and vocational capacities. This information will be instrumental in how we focus our efforts to best serve our students. The VISTA will develop efficient systems for:
• Tracking academic progress: Establish a system to evaluate data on academic progress and its connection to support processes currently in place. For example, the VISTA will provide support in defining the parameters and resources needed to review the effectiveness of program components.
• Tracking attendance related data: Attendance data provides critical information that can show links to academic progress, testing success, and academic commitment. The selected VISTA will develop processes to take in and evaluate data in relation to these key points, as well as others the VISTA feels would be valuable.
• Tracking graduation data: Research, survey, evaluate, and summarize recommendations for the current class’s graduation prospects by analyzing last year’s data. To do this, the VISTA will be supporting the process of creating and implementing an assessment system that regularly measures effectiveness of programming, including periodic and end of the year student surveys for both current students and alumni.
• a living allowance of $14,136 annually ($542.22/biweekly pretax)
• an education award of approximately $6,095 upon successful completion of term of service
• loan forbearance w/ interest accrual payment (federal loans)
• child care coverage (if applicable)
• health benefits
This full-time AmeriCorps position is ideal for any candidate who is looking to gain experiences in any of the following areas: nonprofits, program design, research, data, postsecondary initiatives, career services, employer relations, college access programs, charter schools, and/or urban education. Regular hours for this position are weekdays from 8a.m. to 4p.m. with flexibility required for occasional night or weekend events/projects.
Term and Qualifications for VISTA Members
Applicants for our full-time AmeriCorps/VISTA Member position must:
• Be a college graduate as of June 2019 who is—
proficient with Excel
passionate about serving at-risk populations
• Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status
• Be in a position to offer full-time service for one year
• Be able to exhibit previous education, training, military, or work experience, and any other relevant skills or interests necessary to perform a specific VISTA assignment
• Be willing to live among and at the economic level of the low-income people served by the project and have a desire to provide needed community services to an under-served community
• Not listed in the National Sex Offender Registry database as convicted of a sex-related crime
• Applicants cannot be the subject of legal proceedings (civil or criminal) that may consume time needed for their assignments
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
1231 North Broad Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19122
* Excellence * Perseverance * Respect *
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.