United Way of Greater Lehigh Valley
AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Activities Coordinator Positions, UWGLV
The AmeriCoprs VISTA Summer Associate Program offers individuals the opportunity to become engaged in a community through an existing AmeriCorps VISTA project for 10 weeks during the summer.
1. Work in Partnership with host site
2. Coordinate and Deliver Free Summer Meals to low income Youth
3. Provide fun and enriching activities for youth (Arts, STEM, Sports, Etc.)
4. Develop lesson plans for daily activities
5. Coordinate fun family engagement opportunities (Examples: Family Story Time, Movie Night, etc.)
6. Assist with recruitment of youth and families by connecting with local business and partners
7. Organize and record program Data (attendance, events, supplies, volunteers, etc.)
8. Conduct surveys
Host Sites: Allentown Public Library, Bethlehem Public Library-Southside Branch, The Greater Valley YMCA
The Greater Valley YMCA site locations vary across the Lehigh Valley. Training is during the week of June 10th, and the program
ends August 16th.
Interested candidates must apply through the www.americorps.gov website. To find our listings scroll down to “Search AmeriCorps Postions” and click on that; in the Advance Search and search for all opportunities with UWGLV in the program name (leave the program type and state blank); and then find “Summer Activities Coordinator.”
Questions? Contact Jennifer Nicolosi, Manager, Education and Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.