Join Together Atlantic County
AmeriCorps VISTA, Join Together Atlantic County
About Join Together Atlantic County
Join Together Atlantic County’s (JTAC) mission as a coalition of nonprofits, police, youth, parents, and Stockton
University is to prevent, reduce, or delay substance use among the youth of Atlantic County. JTAC’s community
commitment is solidified by their grant awards from US Department of Health and Human Services. A VISTA will
support the: Above the Influence Campaign, Annual Youth Summit, and Pre-Prom Workshops on Drug Policies.
This is a New Jersey Campus Compact (NJCC) Statewide Collective Impact AmeriCorps VISTA Project.
With our college and university partners, New Jersey Campus Compact continues to build a cohort of AmeriCorps
VISTA members to support the anti-poverty work of 6 large-scale, cross-sector organizations focused on
increasing education, economic opportunity, and healthy futures in NJ’s underserved urban areas. We seek a
qualified, civic-minded individual to be the AmeriCorps VISTA serving at Join Together Atlantic County.
AmeriCorps VISTA Duties
As an NJCC VISTA based at Stockton University, you will be an integral team member serving with JTAC senior
staff, college faculty, nonprofits, and experts to build JTAC’s substance abuse education initiatives. In this role,
you will research, develop, and help implement the following initiatives:
● Expanding programs and solidifying the new recovery housing initiative at Stockton University
● Update and present new policy briefs, demographics and recommendations on service needs in Atlantic
City as a transitioning community
● Research and present relevant legislation to drug and alcohol laws and evidence-based and/or
evidence-informed model programs that curb substance abuse
● Recruiting, mobilizing and training Stockton University and youth volunteers
● Recruit new members for the fundraising and sustainability work groups for a funding campaign for JTAC.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program Benefits
● Choice of $5,920 Education Award or $1,800 stipend upon successful completion of service
● $14,665 Living Allowance (per year)
● Housing at Stockton University and working with Stockton Executives
● Training and Professional Development
● Relocation Allowance up to $500 (if eligible)
● Childcare Assistance (if eligible)
● Basic Health Benefits
College Graduate, Full Time for 1 year, Hatch Act, Permits attending school and a part-time job during off hours
Education, Community Outreach, Community and Economic Development
Core Skills Needed
Writing/Editing, Computers/Technology, Communications, Community Organization, Public Speaking, Health,
Teamwork, Leadership, Cultural Competency, All majors welcome
Online Application — Must be fully completed: Click Here for Online Application Link
More About JTAC & VISTA Terms, Conditions, Benefits
Links: JTAC Facebook
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.