AmeriCorps*VISTA, Agency Operations Specialist, CCCSDV
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Delaware Valley
Job Title: Agency Operations Specialist
Location: 1515 Market St, Philadelphia, Pa 19102
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Position summary: This individual will work closely with the Operations Director and Coordinator in supporting the realization of the 2008 Strategic Plan for the Agency in the areas of Organizational Operations, Accounting, Finance and Human Resources.
• AA degree, BA preferred, and/or equivalent work experience in human resources or organizational development and bookkeeping/accounting
• The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational and analytical skills
• Other desired strengths include initiative, attention to details, and the ability to work independently and in a team setting to complete multiple tasks under critical deadlines
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office with special emphasis on Excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
• General understanding of accounting or finance is preferred
• Assist in the coordination and completion of the Customer Service Representative and Counselor training manual in cooperation with the consulting firm and management personnel
• Assist in developing a training curriculum and schedule based on currently identified needs of staff and integrate new programs and processes as needed
• Assist in regular updates to the Personnel Handbook as federal, state and local regulations change as well as Agency needs
• Assist in the search process for new employees that meet the Strategic Plan for expanding diversity within the agency
• Review job descriptions and assist in updating skills set requirements for current positions. Investigate and recommend training programs that increase performance and productivity of staff
• Update current accounting, finance and operations procedures, integrating new where necessary or deficient and make recommendations for streamlining processes where indicated.
To apply, visit: http://cccsdv.org/who_we_are/employment_opportunities.php
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.