AmeriCorps positions, EducationWorks
Posted by on September 15, 2008
EducationWorks is searching for adults of all ages to help us provide year-round educational programs and services before, during, and after school to children, youth, and families in communities throughout Philadelphia. Full and part time positions are available.
• Assist high school teachers in 9th grade classrooms as a High School Reading or Math Assistant
• Using a play based curriculum, help young children develop skills in our Early Learning Center
• Provide fun and educational programming to youth and families in our Beacon Centers
• Provide academic support and facilitate socialized recess at elementary schools with School Based Teams
• Help develop work readiness and other life skills with older youth in YouthWorks
• Facilitate peer mediation, mentoring and safety programming for older youth with the Safety Team
• Provide a safe place for students grades K-8 to strengthen academic, recreational, and personal skills in After School programs
• Assist teachers and students with tech support and computer clubs in Tech Corps
Become an AmeriCorps member and you will:
- Receive valuable training!
- Benefit from hands-on experience!
- Be paid a biweekly stipend!
- Be granted an education award of up to $4,725 towards tuition, trade school, or student loans upon completion of your term!
- Know that you have made a difference in the communities we serve!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US?
Begin your term of service as an AmeriCorps member in January, June, August, or September. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Apply online at http://www.EducationWorks-online.org or call 800.852.0626 to receive an application
by mail. Questions?
- Manager, GreatPhillySchools
- President, Campus Philly
- Associate Director, Program for Community-Engaged Scholarship, Princeton U.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.