America's Promise Alliance
America’s Promise Alliance seeks youth board members
America’s Promise Alliance is looking for two great young leaders for highly visible roles in the leadership of our organization. We are currently seeking two young people between the ages of 16-22 to serve a two-year term on our Board of Directors and with our Alliance Trustees. Each will attend annual meetings in Washington, act as a full voting member of the leadership body, and play a valuable role in shaping our strategic direction. Those selected will serve through spring 2020. Encourage young people you know to apply (application below)!
Application Deadline: July 20, 2018
Below you will find the leadership bodies we are currently looking for youth leaders to join this fall. Be sure to read eligibility rules and requirements for each. Applicants may apply for one or both of the positions on the same form.
- Our Board of Directors represents leaders from all sectors of America and provide leadership and oversight for the management of the organization.
- Our Alliance Trustees help shape the Alliance’s priorities and initiatives. They serve in an advisory capacity to our Board of Directors
Serving as a part of the leadership at America’s Promise is an exciting opportunity but is also a real responsibility. Before applying, please review the following list and make sure you are able to meet the requirements and expectations. All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 16-22 on October 1st, 2018.
- Attend up to three meetings a year in Washington, DC without a chaperone. The Alliance will cover all required travel costs for individuals chosen as members.
- Available to serve as an America’s Promise Youth Leader through spring 2020.
- Be willing to share their story as a young American in the 21st century with the leadership body and potentially to a larger America’s Promise audience.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.