American Federation for Aging Research
Posted by on December 8, 2006
[posted from RFP Bulletin]
American Federation for Aging Research Announces Two New Grant Programs
Deadline: December 15, 2006
The American Federation for Aging Research (<a href="http://www.afar.org/">http://www.afar.org/</a>) has announced two new grant programs:
1) The Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation/AFAR New Investigator Awards in Alzheimer’s Disease supports research in areas in which more scientific investigation is needed to improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. The program also encourages junior investigators in the United States and Israel to pursue research and academic careers in the neurosciences, and Alzheimer’s disease in particular. Up to five one- or two-year awards of $60,000 each will be awarded. The proposed research must be conducted at any type of not-for-profit setting in the United States or Israel.
2) The Fannie E. Rippel Foundation/AFAR New Investigator Awards on Gender Differences in Aging provides two awards of up to $60,000 each to junior faculty committed to pursuing careers in gender-based aging research. The program encourages scientific investigation that leads to a better understanding of normal biological aging as well as mechanisms underlying age-related diseases and disorders as they relate to gender aging. The proposed research must be conducted within a not-for-profit setting in the United States.
Visit the AFAR Web site for complete guidelines and applications for these and other funding programs in aging research.
RFP Link: <a href="http://fconline.foundationcenter.org/pnd/10005286/afar">http://fconline.foundationcenter.org/pnd/10005286/afar</a>
For additional RFPs in Aging, visit: <a href="http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_aging.jhtml">http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_aging.jhtml</a>
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps Request for Proposals
- Request for Proposals: Clay, Play, Read Literacy Installations – Dec 16
- 2021 Terri Lynne Lokoff Teacher Awards – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.