AHRQ wants comments on CPBR
Posted by on September 13, 2002
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality is continuing to seek input from its user-groups and stakeholders on its implementation of Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) to meet the requirements of the Minority Health and Health Disparities Research and Education Act of 2000. This is an important opportunity to shape the Agency’s future support for and involvement in CBPR. Details are on the web at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fedreg/a020621c.html – you may disregard the published deadline and continue to submit commments.
AHRQ encourages written suggestions on how AHRQ can implement CBPR in its research portfolio and in the field of health services research. In particular, AHRQ requests comments on the following:
1. Please offer possible definitions of community that are appropriate for health services research.
2. Please describe collaborative opportunities to foster the development or use of CBPR.
3. Please describe strategies that AHRQ could use to increase the capacity for health services researchers and community-based organization
4. Please describe the strategies that AHRQ could use to support relationships between researchers and community-based organizations.
5. Please describe the accountability mechanisms that AHRQ could institute to ensure the development and maturation of these partnership relationships.
6. Please describe strategies that AHRQ could use to support partnerships with patients and community-based organizations to improve safety and quality in health care.
Submissions should be brief (no more than three pages for each submission) and may be in the form of a letter or e-mail, preferable with an electronic file in a standard word processing format. Please present your suggestions in bullets or outline format. Responses to this request should be submitted to Kaytura Felix Aaron, M.D., Center for Primary Care Research, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 6010 Executive Blvd., Suite 201, Rockville, MD 20852; Phone: (301) 594-6198; Fax: (301) 594-3721; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Youth Service America: Take the ServiceVote Challenge
- Virtual Experience for Nonprofits: Using Data to Protect, Secure and Better Your Organization – Sep 2
- Online Course: Community Engagement in Higher Education – Aug 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.