Afterschool Webinar: Federal Policy and Afterschool – May 29
Afterschool Webinar: Federal Policy and Afterschool Part I: “The Usual Suspects”
Wednesday, May 29 at 1 PM ET
Six months into 2019, hear the latest afterschool policy news from Washington, D.C.! While the president’s 2019 budget once again proposed to eliminate federal afterschool funding, the House of Representatives has actually proposed significant increases for both 21st Century Community Learning Centers and the Child Care Development Block Grant, two of the most vital funding streams for afterschool and summer learning programs.
Join us for the first installment on our Federal Policy and Afterschool webinar series, and get the latest scoop on the funding process, what’s next, and learn how you can add your voice to those of the afterschool advocates and youth who will be bringing their powerful stories to Capitol Hill for the 19th annual advocacy day, the Afterschool for All Challenge, on June 11, 2019.
- Erik Peterson, Vice President of Policy, Afterschool Alliance
- Bill Mawhiney, Director of Operations, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire
- Jillian Luchner, Policy Manager, Afterschool Alliance
- Alexis Steines, Senior Director of Field Outreach, Afterschool Alliance (Moderator)
- Featuring special guest Jodi Grant, Executive Director, Afterschool Alliance, who will set the stage for this important conversation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.