AfterSchool Program Director, UrbanPromise Ministries
AfterSchool Program Director
UrbanPromise Ministries is looking to hire a passionate and experienced individual for a full-time position directing an AfterSchool Program and Summer Camp beginning in June, 2011. This person would organize, direct, and manage a neighborhood-based, Christian faith-based AfterSchool Program and Summer Camp for 1st to 4th graders in Camden, NJ.
Position responsibilities include:
• Creating and maintaining positive relationships with kids, their families, and the community both during and outside of AfterSchool Program (ASP) hours.
• Managing and equipping interns and local teens (StreetLeaders) in serving children. Assigning responsibilities to interns and StreetLeaders, with the help of the intern and StreetLeader staff.
• Creating and upholding the spiritual atmosphere by being a spiritual leader for kids, staff, and StreetLeaders and providing Christian teaching.
• Providing and leading implementation of a discipline structure within UP guidelines. Assisting interns and StreetLeaders in carrying out discipline procedures.
• Assisting in the creation and implementation of ASP and camp structure, curriculum, guidelines, and expectations.
• Assisting in running special events – Intern and SL orientations, retreats, sports leagues, All-Camp Day, MLK Speech Contest, Harvest Carnival, etc…
• Maintaining program records (emergency contact info, attendance, report cards, etc.)
• Completing CDL training and transporting children to and from program.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Working hours are generally late morning to early evening. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Lisa McSparron at firstname.lastname@example.org or to UrbanPromise Ministries, Attn: Lisa McSparron, P.O. Box 1479, Camden, NJ 08105.
The mission of UrbanPromise is to equip children and young adults with the skills necessary for spiritual growth, academic achievement, life management and Christian leadership. UrbanPromise has been working with youth in the Camden, NJ area for the past 20 years. Current programs include several AfterSchool Programs and Summer Camps, the StreetLeader Program (a job training, education and Christian leadership program for high school students), the UrbanPromise Academy (a home-school model, alternative high school), the CamdenForward School (an elementary school), and the Intern Program (an educational and urban ministry training program for young adults from around the world). To learn more about UrbanPromise visit our website at http://www.urbanpromiseusa.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.