Afterschool Group Leader, Sunrise of Philadelphia
Posted by Sunrise of Philadelphia on November 13, 2018
The Group Leader is responsible for supporting students and workshop activities in order to ensure high quality program operations in accordance with all grant requirements and the strategic goals defined by the Sun Team.
- Maintaining proper supervision, a positive class environment and smooth transitions, while providing personal support to students
- Manage student participation and behavior, respond to special situations when necessary
- Plan/lead PBL/recreation/enrichment activities (hours/support can be discussed with Lead Teacher)
- Monitor and support respectful daily space use
- Communicate with families as needed
- Organize and ensure all required paperwork (sign ins, PBL, etc.) is complete for program activities
- Support program logistics (Snack distribution etc. as needed and delegated)
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents, school staff and monitors. Greet and monitor participants during program and dismissal times.
- Collaborate with other staff for event planning, outreach efforts, and other services.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
*High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
* Experience working in a community setting, experience working with youth strongly preferred.
* Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
* Positive communication skills.
* Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Friendly, courteous manner.
* Commitment to on-going growth and professional development.
Job Type: Part-time
- Executive Director, Starfinder Foundation
- Development & Operations Coordinator, Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project
- Director of Operations & Development, The Center For Emerging Visual Artists
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.