After School Tutor, Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Posted by on January 28, 2013
After School Tutor
Position to begin February 2013
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking After School Tutors. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The After School Tutor is responsible for assisting with daily out of school programming during our program hours: Monday-Friday from 3-6pm. Salary is minimum wage.
• Help maintain a safe, clean and quality program
• Establish positive relationships with all staff, program participants and their families
• Be a positive and compassionate role model
• Attend required training, weekly staff meetings and supervision
• Follow instructions and daily schedule provided by 21st CCLC Out of School Coordinator
• Work with instructors and group leaders to facilitate activities under their supervision
• Assist children with homework and other assigned learning activities
• Use positive behavior reinforcement
• Follow discipline and structure for program
• Assist with daily clean-up
– A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of OCCCDA.
– The ability to engage students in grades K-8 through creative activities
– Willingness to learn and be flexible
– High School diploma and minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and youth. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
– All staff must complete and sign an application and complete the Criminal Record Check and the Pennsylvania Child Abuse Record Check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to:
Dr. Raquel Esteves-Joyce, 21st Century Youth Coordinator
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
900 East Howell Street
Philadelphia, PA 19149
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.