After-school Materials from the National Institutes of Health
Posted by on April 27, 2009
New Partnership = Downloadable After-school Materials from the National Institutes of Health
Huge strides in the National Institutes of Health’s We Can! movement over the past year mean more resources for your after-school programming. As you may know, We Can! offers science-based after- and in-school curricula to help teachers, parents, kids and others increase physical activity, improve nutrition and reduce screen time to improve health.
Exciting materials and resources that you can use include:
* Free, downloadable We Can! materials about eating right, being active and pushing away the screen adapted by Scholastic Inc., in partnership with SUBWAY Restaurants, to be even more classroom-friendly-See the attached PDF for details. A limited number of free copies of these materials are also available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
* Spanish-language materials and strategies to help Hispanic communities help their kids maintain a healthy weight. Check them out today at
* More than 1,000 registered We Can! community sites (in 12 countries) that can offer you tips on tailoring the curricula to meet your particular needs/goals
While you’ve got your Mouse clicking, make sure to enter Scholastic’s Make It Happen! Contest for a chance to win $5,000 in athletic equipment for your school.
Find out more at http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3751600.
To access other, kid-friendly, science-based resources; and a growing network of communities with firsthand knowledge; sign up to become a We Can! Community Site. For more information on We Can! visit us at http://wecan.nhlbi.nih.gov.
To sign up to become a community site visit http://hp2010.nhlbihin.net/wecan/index.asp.
We Can! makes a difference!
More in "New Resources"
- SSIR Guide to Influencing Public Policy
- New Report: How Many Households May Be at Risk of Eviction Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 120-Day Update on Pathways to Reform, Transformation, and Reconciliation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.