After School Director, Project Learn School
Posted by on June 17, 2005
After School Director
Full-time teaching position available as the After School Director and Classroom Substitute at Project Learn School, beginning mid-August 2005. Project Learn is a cooperative independent elementary and middle school with a program based on progressive educational values, educating the whole child intellectually, emotionally, and socially. We view our After School Program as an extension of the school day and in accordance with the philosophy of our school. Our teachers, students, and parents work together to create a dynamic atmosphere that promotes mutual respect, involvement, and intellectual curiosity. We are located in Philadelphia’s Mount Airy neighborhood.
Creative, flexible, and energetic teacher must be able to:
– Design and implement developmentally appropriate activities for multi-age groups of students ranging from age 5 to 14.
– Administer the basic bookkeeping and finances of the After School Program.
– Serve as a substitute during the school day and offer electives.
– Provide a full day camp program for Project Learn students the last 3 weeks of June after the end of the school year and the last two weeks in August before school starts in September. Seven full-day childcare days throughout the year.
– Supervise interns working in the After School Program.
– Create a relaxed, fun environment for students.
Full-time position with benefits. Typical day 11-6. Must be available to substitute as early as 8:15, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to Personnel Committee c/o Project Learn School, 6525 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19119, fax: 215-991-0310, firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us on the web at <a href="http://www.plschool.org">http://www.plschool.org</a>.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.