Advisor, Education Financing Services, Clarifi
Advisor, Education Financing Services
Education Financing Services
With nearly 50 years of experience operating as a non-profit provider of financial counseling and education services, Clarifi (formerly Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Delaware Valley) understands the importance of holistic planning when it comes to major financial decision-making. Education Financing Services, or EFS, is a program that will offer students and their families the opportunity to better prepare for the financial challenges of post-secondary education.
The Education Financing Services Advisor is responsible for assisting the Senior Vice President for Strategy, Funding, and Community Affairs (SVP) in the initial launching the EFS program by preparing and delivering the EFS counseling sessions to approximately 300 high-school student participants in the pilot program. Upon completion of the pilot, the Advisor will continue counseling new students entering the program and continue to build the EFS client base as the program expands. The Advisor will also provide ongoing input into program content and delivery to ensure quality and value of services provided. As the program develops, there may be a strong opportunity for career development.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s (B.A.) degree in an appropriate field required.
- Two (2) years or more of recent experience in providing career guidance counseling to high school students is required.
- Experience in financial-aid planning is much desired, as is fluency in Spanish.
- High degree of comfort counseling high-school students and their parent(s) regarding post-secondary education choices is needed.
- Ability to multi-task under varying conditions and quickly adapt to rapid policy and procedural changes is necessary.
- Advanced PC and Microsoft Office skills, including knowledge of video conferencing and internet research skills, are required.
- Ability to learn quickly and utilize in-house and external computer programs is needed.
- Professional presentation skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills, are very important.
- Advisor should be an energetic self-starter with initiative and willingness to take on additional tasks and activities and learn new skills as needed.
- Advisor must maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Advisor must be able to work a flexible schedule and non-traditional working hours to meet business need.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.