Bryn Mawr College
Administrative Program Coordinator, Bryn Mawr College
Reports to: Director, Career and Professional Development
Department: Career and Professional Development (CPD)/ Leadership, Innovation, and the Liberal Arts Center (LILAC)
This position will work to support the missions of: Career and Professional Development (CPD), which is to provide opportunities for students to maximize their liberal arts education, preparing them to make intentional decisions about their futures; Civic Engagement (CE) which is to collaborate with community-based organizations to prepare students to be socially responsible leaders and citizens through purposeful action, reflection, and learning; and the Leadership, Innovation, and Liberal Arts Center (LILAC), which is to prepare liberal arts students to be effective, self-aware leaders in their chosen life pursuits. The position will do this work by providing front-office management to Career and Professional Development (CPD); assisting with administrative aspects of the on-campus interview program, internship funding program, and the offices’ electronic systems; and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as employers and alumnae/i. The individual with collaborate with others on the CPD, CE, and LILAC teams to deliver top-notch service to students, staff, faculty, alumnae/, employers, vendors, and others who are integral to achieving our goals.
● Greet guests to office
● Manage central CPD email accounts (recruit, internships, cpd)
● Calendar support for designated team
● Arrange internal and external meetings including determining attendees’ availability and meeting locations
● Order and maintain supplies for designated office space
● Serve as the building advocate (i.e. placing maintenance and facilities requests)
● Answers telephone and routes calls/takes messages
● Supervise and train student office assistants
● Oversee student office assistants hiring process
SYSTEMS & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
● Order, distribute, monitor, and report on completion of multiple (6) self-assessment tools for 500-750 students per year
● Assist in screening and posting job opportunities (>4,000 opportunities annually)
● Assist in organization and coordination of the 200+ internship funding applications
● Support Internship course and funded student requirements for ~120 students – setup and maintain Moodle, monitor assignment deadlines and send reminders, distribute assignments for review, maintain spreadsheet for enrollment, schedule make ups for orientation
● Produce and manage on-campus interview schedule, check-in students for interviews, check in employers
● Produce and manage student check-in process for over 1,500 career counseling and walk in appointments, note and enter no-shows in Lantern Link
● Oversee LILAC use of Lantern Link kiosk
● Serve as ambassador for Lantern Link for LILAC team
● Manage credential process
● Prepare invitations and confirmation emails for alumnae guests
● Monitor LinkedIn and connect students with the alumnae tool
● Serve as a contact for alumnae
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong skills in database management, including advanced Microsoft Excel, are required. Candidate must have strong intermediate-to-advanced computing skills, knowledge of social media, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work on teams. Develop strong relationships with students, alumnae, employers, faculty, and staff. Possess organizational, problem-solving, and priority-setting skills.
· Must have a strong customer-service orientation to all who visit or call the office.
· Excellent verbal, written, and public relations communication skills.
· Provide support to CPD staff by assessing the needs of visitors and callers. Discern between time-sensitive requests and those which are more routine; address and/or route accordingly.
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a busy, heavily-trafficked office. Able to prioritize needs, and move between projects with minimal loss of momentum.
· Proficiency with Excel including advanced features such as pivot tables, formulas, and producing reports preferred.
· Possess the ability to work effectively with a college student population and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Self-starter, energetic, organized, flexible.
· Proven track record in establishing effective working relationships, preferably with students, alumnae and staff.
· Strong interest in working with liberal arts college students and promoting liberal arts.
· Able to attend or coordinate occasional evening and weekend events.
Official position notice to be posted on/around August 8th here: http://www.brynmawr.edu/humanresources/Recruit/employment_opportunities.shtml
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.