Administrative Operations Manager, Springboard Collaborative Philadelphia
Springboard Collaborative is a nonprofit that closes the literacy gap (for Pre-K through 3rd graders) by coaching teachers, training family members, and cultivating reading habits. Our main offering, Springboard Summer, is an intensive 5-week summer program that combines daily reading instruction for Pre-K through 3rd graders; weekly workshops training parents to teach reading at home; and an incentive structure that awards learning tools to families in proportion to student reading gains. We also have an Afterschool program during the third and fourth quarters of the school year.
Administrative Operations Manager, Philadelphia
Springboard Collaborative invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Administrative Operations Manager. The Administrative Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for the smooth administration of operations. The Administrative Operations Manager will support the design and execution of comprehensive, streamlined operational processes. Work will include coordination and oversight of programmatic supply chains, timelines, staff development logistics, and seasonal human resources process. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participatory multi-tasker with the willingness to work with materials, systems, and people in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
The Administrative Operations Manager will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with the National Program Director and CEO. This is a tremendous opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team in maximizing the impact of a rapidly growing, high-performing organization.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management:
· Support vendor contracts to ensure timely procurement of materials
· Coordinate translation of program materials; manage contractual relationships with translators
· Manage and track movement of goods from vendors to Springboard stakeholders at school sites and/or warehouse space
· Ship documents and materials as needed
· Communicate proactively with the National Program Director and Regional Program Directors so all needs are transparent
· Create and oversee inventory management system and inventory records
· Draft and revise all warehouse and materials procedures and protocol
Seasonal HR Support:
· Assist in recruitment of seasonal staff roles on national job boards
· Manage and document hiring, on-boarding, and systems set-up process for all candidates/hires
· Assist with payroll setup and approve seasonal staff pay
· Set up reimbursement for seasonal staff; approve and track seasonal expenses
· Provide seasonal staff with regular budget reports of their relevant budgets
Finance and Administrative Support:
· Track and manage renewals of digital accounts, including licensing
· Ensure bills are paid on time; process bills for signatures and payment; contract billing departments when there are issues
· Ensure Springboard information is up to date on all vendor accounts and all bills
· Manage contracts for part-time employee work and independent contractor consultants
· Manage office contracts, including copier, Internet, and IT
Required skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
· Minimum of a B.A.
· At least 1 year of overall professional experience, including significant experience working in basic computer applications (word, excel, google suite)
· Attentiveness: attention to detail; careful and thorough
· Communication: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Problem solving skills: Sound decision-making; a successful track record of appropriately setting priorities
· Relationship-building skills: An ability to negotiate and to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Commitment to excellence: Willingness to double-check work and to actively seek ways to improve work
While this description is meant to provide a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of the Administrative Operations Assistant, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate flexibility and can adapt to evolving needs of our organization.
Springboard Collaborative will offer salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Send a resume and brief cover letter describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.