Add to Coming of Age website
Posted by on July 29, 2005
One of the features of the forthcoming Coming of Age website will be a lifelong learning search engine for the Greater Philadelphia region.
This feature will allow users to search for learning opportunities by geographic area, topic or both.
We?d like to ask for your help in identifying places where people can take classes, participate in workshops, go on tours, hear lectures, etc.
So far we have collected information about almost 250 schools, museums, community centers, senior centers, etc. that offer such fare.
The topics we are including are
– The Arts (Arts, Crafts, Music, Dance and Theater)
– Computers and the Internet
– Current Events and Politics
– Healthy Lifestyles (Health, Physical Fitness, Recreation)
– Home life (Interior Design, Home Improvement, Cooking, Gardening)
– Language & Writing
– Money, Business and Work (Personal Finance, Investing, Small Businesses, Retirement Planning, Work and Business Skills)
– Religion, Spirituality and Personal Growth
– Science and Humanities
Do you have a school, museum, community center, or other place that offers learning opportunities that you?d like to recommend? If so, please click reply and send us the name of that place.
Also, you may want to check out a recent ?Philadelphia Inquirer? op-ed that promotes 50+ volunteering: http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/editorial/11748729.htm. It was written as part of our continuing effort to advocate for tapping into the rich volunteer resource that people age 50+ represent for our region.
Haley M. Pollack
Lifelong Learning Project Coordinator
Coming of Age
Temple University Center for Intergenerational Learning
1601 N. Broad St., Room 206
Philadelphia, PA 19122
FAX (215) 204-3195
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.