Accounting & Budgeting Intern, Philadelphia Community Corps
Posted by Philadelphia Community Corps on August 1, 2016
Interested in being a part of a dynamic, rapidly developing nonprofit organization? We are currently seeking motivated, versatile interns to join our team for the summer! See the listings below for the positions available. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex McNeil – email@example.com. Learn more about our organization by visiting our website: http://www.philadelphiacommunitycorps.org. All positions require about 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably two to three days a week in our North East Philadelphia office. Compensation: These are unpaid/volunteer internships
Accounting & Budgeting Intern Job Description
The Accounting and Budgeting Intern will work with the Executive Director and Managing Director to revise, develop and maintain the organization’s financial systems. The Intern will utilize and build on their accounting skills while gaining a better understanding of financial management of nonprofit organizations.
● Working with the Managing Director to create an accounting procedures and policies manual.
● Create a budget for individual deconstruction projects.
● Develop a budget for the building material reuse center and work with the Sales Manager to integrate inventory tracking and sales reports into financial record keeping..
● Develop an overall PCC budget which includes all phases of operation.
● Develop a budget narrative which explains each line item in the budget.
● Create a guideline/manual to be used as a reference in the development of future budgets and financial proceedings.
● Assist with budgeting and actual analysis
● Account reconciliations and contract audits and reporting
● Assist with other accounting related duties as assigned such as filing, copying, and scanning
● Participate in team, committee, and staff meetings, as applicable
● Candidate should have an interest in accounting in a non-profit environment.
● Candidates should have completed accounting coursework at the college level; Finance coursework is preferred as well
● Candidate must be proficient in Excel.
● Candidates must have strong analytical and communication skills.
● Detailed oriented and self-motivated individual who has the ability to work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic background environment and must be committed to working for the good of disadvantaged youth.
● This candidate will have the ability to maintain a positive, professional and supportive attitude.
● A strong aptitude with computers is required.
● Candidates must be flexible and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
● Must be committed to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission,
● Must function well in group and team settings.
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered.
● Must have reliable transportation
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.