Academic Tutor – Part-time Paid Hourly Position
Posted by HospitalityTogether on February 11, 2020
Position Description: CollegeTogether’s HospitalityTogether (HT) program is a revolutionary learning ecosystem that combines workforce advancement and an entirely new way to approach higher education. In partnership with Brandman University, students engage in a competency-based digital college degree program at their own pace. Whereas Brandman’s MyPath initiative provides the virtual platform on which the degree program sits, we provide in-person tutoring and academic support through our tutors. Tutors meet students weekly to go over assignments, track overall degree progress, and support them through class content on an individualized and small group basis. At the end of the day, our Tutors are more than just content specialists — they are community and culture builders — because relationships between staff and students form the foundation of all that we do.
The Academic Tutor will:
- Tutor an assigned cohort of students, ages 18-24 years old
- Track overall degree progress, and support them through class content on an individualized and small group basis
- Connect with students regularly within cohort to keep them engaged academically
- Contribute to bi-weekly strategy and recap meetings with CollegeTogether staff
- Be part of a fast moving, outcomes-focused, and dedicated team intent on building a nonprofit that is impactful, sustainable, and scalable.
- Experience teaching/tutoring high school or adult learners
- Content expertise in introductory math and/or writing courses
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to personalize lessons for each student
- Be one who regularly challenges conventional wisdom, thinks critically about educational issues, and is excited to be part of a leadership team defined by high expectations, teamwork, and constant debate and discussion
- Be effective when given autonomy and ownership over his/her work
- Passionate about issues in education
- Bonus: experience with digital learning platforms or curriculum design
Commitment and Compensation: 10-15 hours a week at our Center City office with opportunity for increased hours as our program expands.. Schedule TBD but must be available within Monday-Friday, 10 am – 4 pm. $25 per hour
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.