Academic Advisor, College of Professional Studies, Villanova University
Serve as the primary academic advisor for students during their tenure at CPS. Each advisor is responsible for advising a group of students divided alphabetically by last name. Communicate with students keeping them informed of important deadlines, information and events throughout the entire academic year. Coordinate CPS Advising Center advising events, materials, and various mailings. Continually assess the needs and interests of CPS students by staying current with trends and technology. Adapt/improve services offered by the CPS Advising Center as a result of student input, current innovative approaches and national trends.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary academic advisor for a specific group of CPS students.
- Advise/meet students individually and in groups throughout their tenure regarding the development and implementation of their academic plan, including curriculum, majors, minors, and resources available.
- Assist students in their educational development by constructing and updating educational plans that are compatible with their lives and goals.
- Foster within students a sense of belonging to CPS and the wider Villanova Community by providing thoughtful support to students during their academic careers.
- Provide students with direction and motivation by encouraging the successful completion of degree requirements in a timely manner.
- Inform and refer students to student resources on campus when required.
- Monitor advisees’ academic progress and maintain accurate student paper/electronic files.
- Review transcript/course information upon receipt from CPS Enrollment Coaching Team.
- Determine appropriate transfer of credits following all University and College policies and advising guidelines.
- Regularly communicate with advisees regarding events and deadlines throughout the academic year, disseminate information regarding registration, course information and important deadlines (i.e., WX).
- Respond in a timely manner to student and inquiries by email and telephone.
- Coordinate advising events and materials including CPS new student orientation.
- Approve all necessary designated educational transactions (drop/add, transfer of credits).
- Consult regularly with CPS faculty and subject matter experts to stay informed of course and curricular changes.
- Prepare for and attend College Academic Standing meetings. Oversee audit certification of graduation process and student notification of status. Frequent review of advising services offered by CPS to remain current with national trends, recent technology, College and University polices.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned. Represent CPS advising team at various campus events sponsored by CPS and/or the University.
Learn more and apply: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/18276
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.