90-second close elections video: antidote to “My vote doesn’t matter” & more
Posted by Campus Election Engagement Project on October 27, 2020
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) has been highlighting its early voting video and nonpartisan candidate guides. But one other resource that might be really useful in the home stretch is its 90-second video on incredibly close elections, in English and Spanish, plus an Instagram version. So any way you could distribute it through your networks would be terrific.
The 2018 version had about 200,000 views with really nice responses, and is really effective in addressing the cynical resignation that whether they do or don’t stay home won’t make any difference. Also super nonpartisan, with close examples from both parties, and a couple where we don’t even mention the party of the winner. So if there’s a way to distribute it, that would be great, as well as steering people to guides.vote to address that parallel barrier of “they’re all the same. They’re all just equally corrupt.”
- Presidential guide in English And in Spanish
- Guide to the impact of the election on the Supreme Court.
- Guides to the 20 closest U.S. Senate and all major gubernatorial races
- National Congressional guide.
- Our guide to Detecting Disinformation.
More in "New Resources"
- Department of Planning and Development Housing Helper Benefit Tool
- New Issue of Liberal Education: How COVID-19 Turned Higher Ed Upside Down
- New Newsletter: Pathways to Reform, Transformation, and Reconciliation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.