PowerCorpsPHL recruiting AmeriCorps members
Posted by PowerCorpsPHL on December 1, 2020
PowerCorpsPHL is now accepting applications for Cohort 16! We will hold interviews December 8-17th and then January 19-Februrary 5th. The cohort begins in March.
Similar to our last 2 cohorts, members will serve both in-person outdoors in small groups and virtually. Interviews and the rest of our application process will follow a similar format and we will adhere to COVID safety policies.
How to apply
At the link below: https://www.cognitoforms.com/PowerCorpsPHL1/PowerCorpsPHLCohort16AmeriCorpsMemberApplication
The above link is also available on our website under the Join the Corps.
- It is recommended that candidates begin now to gather or order their vital documents (original social security card, birth certificate, State/Philly City ID, and diploma/GED/transcripts).
- It is taking longer than usual during these times to receive ordered documents, so it is best to allow more time for this process.
WHAT is PowerCorpsPHL:
• A City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps initiative program operated by EducationWorks
• A 4-18 month long workforce development program that partners with Philadelphia Parks and Rec and the Philadelphia Water Department
• We tackle pressing environmental challenges, including improving stormwater managements, increasing tree coverage, and revitalizing public land
• Members start in the foundation phase serving on crews and working on work readiness skills
• Following foundations phase members apply into career pathway tracks that range from 6-18 months
WHO is PowerCorpsPHL:
• 18-28 years old who want to transform their lives through service
• Philadelphia residents with a diploma or GED
Read more at: http://powercorpsphl.org/join-the-corps/
- Empowerment Coach, Cathedral Kitchen
- Employment Training Program Coordinator and Case Manager, Cathedral Kitchen
- Remote Community Engagement Positions, CCPH – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.