Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
10th Annual Connecting Campuses with Communities conference & Research Academy
The IUPUI Center for Service and Learning is pleased to announce that Dr. Howard Rosing from DePaul University will join us as a faculty facilitator for the 2018 IUPUI Research Academy. This intense, interactive 2 ½ day workshop is designed to develop research skills, learn about methods and service learning literature, and develop a research project related to service learning. Dr. Rosing will also be presenting on Conducting Community Engaged Research. This year’s Research Academy will begin at 1:30pm on May 9th and conclude at 12:30pm on May 11th.
The 2018 Research Academy is part of the 10th Annual Connecting Campuses with Communities conference (CCC), which will be held from May 7-11, 2018 on the IUPUI Campus. CCC is jointly hosted by the IUPUI Center for Service and Learning and Indiana Campus Compact.
The conference is a two-part event that focuses on building a network of scholars and practitioners and offers the following opportunities:
Service Learning Institute – Mon. May 7 – Wed. May 9, 2018
* To increase the number of high quality service learning courses
* To share promising practices and generate new ideas
* To enhance reflection, assessment, and partnerships in service learning classes
* To build a network of service learning practitioners
Research Academy – Wed. May 9 – Fri. May 11, 2018
* To strengthen research on service learning and community engagement
* To advance the scholarship of teaching and learning
* To provide consultation and feedback on research ideas
* To build a network of service learning scholars
- $300 for one event, $550 for both (faculty and staff)
- Discounts for groups of 3 or more.
For more information:
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.