Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Payroll Adminstrator, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic Payroll Administrator for the Fiscal Department within the Administrative Division of Congreso. The Payroll Administrator, under the direction of the VP of Finance and in support of the CFO, is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for over 200 employees; reviewing and verifying the correctness of approved timesheets; tracking and deducting all garnishments and other special payroll deductions. This position, in tandem with the HR department, is also responsible for the coordination, maintenance and proper information flow of employee data (new hires, terminations, leave of absences, change of status, change of position etc…).
Other duties include supporting the VP of Finance with other related tasks, which may involve preparation of various forms and reports, providing administrative support, internal audits, analysis for monthly close, or performing other required activities and becoming involved in any number of exciting projects in the Fiscal and HR departments.
This position has access to sensitive Congreso financial information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. The Payroll Administrator has regular contact with employees and members of the community and is expected to represent Congreso in a professional manner.
- Manages process of gathering employee timesheets, verifying that all records of time worked have been properly reviewed and authorized, communicating discrepancies to managers and accurately inputting all timesheets into the payroll system.
- Responsible for updating employee profiles in the payroll system with the correct payroll related information (state and local taxes, direct deposit, 403(b) elections, garnishments, etc.).
- Maintains timesheets and records of employee payroll.
- Performs payroll data entry and validation using Congreso’s payroll system, which is currently ADP.
- Computes payroll based upon timesheet information, utilizing information provided by the Human Resources department, which includes current salary information, flexible spending account deduction amounts, tax deductions, health care deductions and contributions, 403(b) deductions and contributions, insurance premiums, garnishments or other, similar information.
- Assists Accounts Payable with any required payroll withholding amounts and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of W-2 statements and/ or other end-of-year or end-of-period reports.
- Works closely with Human Resources staff to ensure proper employee payroll processing.
- Creates and revises payroll related reports as necessary.
- Reviews all data entered into the ADP and Preview system to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating the Payroll Manual.
- Responsible for bi-monthly distribution of payroll checks.
- Responsible for creating standard fiscal reports and other reports to ensure that taxes and other payroll deductions were completed accordingly and by the agency standards and labor laws.
- Answer any written or telephone inquiries from employees or external customers within 24-48 hours.
- 3+ years of experience performing all payroll functions. ADP experience required. Experience with ADP WorkForce Now and payroll in a multi-location business preferred; Three years additional payroll experience in lieu of Associate’s degree.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Accounting Degree preferred.
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen Latino communities through social, economic, education, and health services; leadership development and advocacy. Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.
A Career with Congreso: Your talent and passion + our mission = outcomes
Come grow our reputation. Employees come to Congreso because they hear the positive things our clients, employees, and supporters say about us. Congreso has served the neighborhoods of eastern North Philadelphia since 1977. We have built our reputation on trust and high-quality human service delivery. And now our expertise in client-centered, outcomes-informed service delivery is extending our reputation beyond local borders to regional and national renown.
Come serve the community. Employees come to Congreso because of their passion to work directly with members of a vibrant and diverse community towards greater self-sufficiency. We have grassroots in Philadelphia’s Puerto Rican community and a commitment to strengthen all who live in the communities we serve. Our campus is located in the heart of the Eastern North Philadelphia neighborhoods we serve and includes a charter school that houses college courses at night.
Come celebrate culture. Employees come to Congreso because of the diversity of our employees, clients, and community we serve. We seek to serve all clients through practices that show inclusion, empathy and understanding regardless of cultural identities.
Come be part of our “familia.” Employees come to Congreso for a working culture that reflects our family-centered service approach and our commitment to balance work and family. Our “mi casa es su casa” welcome extends to employees and all who seek services from us. Our employees value the feeling of being “like family” and the close and supportive relationships they have with co-workers.
Come grow professionally. Employees come to Congreso to gain experience, learn new skills, and grow professionally. Our Primary Client Model™ provides employees with continuous education and professional development in client-centered, data-informed, and culturally appreciative service delivery. We recognize supervisors as leaders and an essential link between retention and service quality. All supervisors engage in regular professional development and organizational strategy conversations with Congreso’s President/CEO. Congreso has a reputation for leadership development, with many former employees now in leadership positions at the local, regional and national level.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements here.
For more information about Congreso and other career opportunities please go to http://www.congreso.net.
Congreso is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Congreso is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Congreso are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.