30th Anniversary PHENND Conference: Trauma + the Arts
Register to attend the 30th Anniversary PHENND Conference: Trauma + the Arts: Mobilizing Anchor Institutions.
The conference will feature site visits and intensive workshops on Monday, April 1st followed by two days of panels, speakers, and performances on April 2-3.
- Film screening of The Barefoot Artist with Lily Yeh
- Plenary speakers:
- Rev. Maake Masango, University of Pretoria
- Dr. Cherie Ndaliko, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Beth Feldman Brandt, Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation
- Joe Pyle, Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation
- Plenary Panel: The Healing Art of Dance
- Two academic panels of paper presentations and 14 additional workshop presentations.
A full list of workshops and speakers is available at the link below.
Early bird registration rate is $200/pp and includes opening reception Monday evening through closing plenary on Wednesday afternoon. The early bird rate will be in effect through January 31, 2019. Monday site visits and workshops are $50/pp and ticketed separately.
At this point in time, the agenda is almost completely set though a few panels, workshops and site visits are still in development. To view the draft agenda as it currently stands (and as it gets updated in real time), visit:
A discounted room block has been reserved at the University City Sheraton, located at 3549 Chestnut Street. Rooms are $194/night March 29-April 6th. The discount is available through March 2nd — please make your hotel reservations by then.
Use this link to make your hotel reservation: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1545833776625&key=GRP&app=resvlink
More Faculty Updates
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.