30th Anniversary PHENND Conference: Trauma + the Arts – Apr 1-3
Register to attend the 30th Anniversary PHENND Conference: Trauma + the Arts: Mobilizing Anchor Institutions.
The conference will feature site visits and intensive workshops on Monday, April 1st followed by two days of panels, speakers, and performances on April 2-3.
- Film screening of The Barefoot Artist with Lily Yeh
- Plenary speakers:
- Rev. Maake Masango, University of Pretoria
- Dr. Cherie Ndaliko, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Beth Feldman Brandt, Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation
- Joe Pyle, Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation
- Plenary Panel: The Healing Art of Dance
- Two academic panels of paper presentations and 14 additional workshop presentations.
A full list of workshops and speakers is available at the link below.
Registration rate is $250/pp and includes opening reception Monday evening through closing plenary on Wednesday afternoon. Monday site visits and workshops are $50/pp and ticketed separately.
At this point in time, the agenda is almost completely set though a few panels, workshops and site visits are still in development. To view the draft agenda as it currently stands (and as it gets updated in real time), visit:
A discounted room block has been reserved at the University City Sheraton, located at 3549 Chestnut Street. Rooms are $194/night March 29-April 6th. The room block is officially closed but a few rooms can still be reserved through PHENND. Email email@example.com or call 215-573-2379 to reserve a room.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.