2nd annual Social Entrepreneurship Institute
Posted by Unite for Sight on September 22, 2014
You and your students and colleagues may be interested in attending the 2nd annual Social Entrepreneurship Institute on Friday, December 5, 2014, at the Shubert Theater in New Haven, Connecticut. Presented by Unite For Sight, the Social Entrepreneurship Institute provides mentoring, guidance, and successful strategies for participants to apply to their work in global health, social entrepreneurship, and international development. In addition to unique interactive sessions by leaders in global health and social entrepreneurship, the Institute also includes lunch and dinner networking receptions with the speakers. Space is limited, and early registration is encouraged.
A very reduced early bird registration rate is available through the end of September. Students and professionals may also apply to give a presentation and to engage on the Shubert Theater stage in a conversation with the expert speaker panelists.
Social Entrepreneurship Institute
Friday, December 5, 2014
Shubert Theater, New Haven, Connecticut
Confirmed Social Entrepreneurship Institute speakers thus far include:
Moving From Rhetoric to Impact
- “mHealth Innovations in Global Health,” Bobby Jefferson, Director Informatics, Futures Group
- Jocelyn Brown, Product Manager, Medical Devices, 3rd Stone Design, Inc.
- ”Putting Farmers First in the Fight to End Hunger,” Jenny Best, Global Communications, One Acre Fund
Key Lessons in Health and Entrepreneurship
- Dean Cycon, Founder and CEO, Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee Co.
- Dave DeLuca, Head of Campaigns, Do Something
- Speaker TBA
Growing Effective Programs and Measuring Impact
- “Use of Patient-Centered Evaluation Models to Drive the Implementation of Community-Based Mental Health Services into the Public
- Sector Primary Care System of Rural Haiti,” Shinichi Daimyo, Clinical Program Officer, Partners In Health
- Rohit Naimpally, Senior Training Associate, Poverty Action Lab
- Speaker TBA
Complete details and the Institute schedule can be seen at http://www.uniteforsight.org/institute/
- Request for Proposals: 2021 Gulf-South Summit – Oct 31
- Call for Proposals: 32nd Annual National Service-Learning Conference – Dec 1
- Northeast Media Literacy Conference, Nov 6 – 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.