My Brother’s Keeper Community Conversation: Highlighting Mental Health – Jan 17
Posted by Mayor's Office of Black Male Engagement on January 15, 2019
Topic: Health & Wellness – Highlighting Mental Health Practitioners who work with Men & Boys of Color
Date: Thursday, January 17th
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Location: Community College of Philadelphia – (Pavilion Building) – 2nd Floor CUBE – 1700 Spring Garden St., Philadelphia, 19130
The Office of Black Male Engagement invites you to speak out, listen to empowering messages, exchange resources, and share valuable lessons/ practices.
Highlighted Mental Health Resources:
- Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual DisAbility Services
- Office of Black Male Engagement – Mental Health Resources Link
- Quadefy LLC.
- Social Justice Leadership Institute
Moderator – Dr. Portia Hunt – is a counselor in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 44 years. She specializes in counseling, adult development & aging psychology, and more.
Panelist – Greg Corbin, Director of Social Justice Leadership Institute, Founder of The Living Room Experience
Panelist – Phillip Roundtree, Child and Adolescent Therapist, and Mental Health Advocate, CEO/ Founder Quadefy LLC.
Panelist – Ronald Crawford, Therapist for the Honesty Hurts Organization.
along with other special guests…
Goal: 1) Encourage community dialogue 2) Provide pathways to community action 3) Create a report that may be used to accompany policy recommendations
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- WTS Philadelphia Transportation YOU Event: Virtual Airport Tour – Mar 13
- Webinar: Does American Criminal Justice Need Reform? – Mar 10
- DiscoverED: Calling all 2nd grade Classrooms in PA (STEAM and Maker Pedagogies) – Mar 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.