Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
21st CCLC Out of School Time Coordinator, Oxford Circle Christian Comm. Dev. Assoc.
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Group Leaders, instructors, and volunteers in out of school time programs
SUMMARY: The 21st CCLC Out of School Time Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the activities of the Out of School Program (School year – Mondays – Fridays from 3:00-6:00pm and Summer – Mondays – Thursdays 9:00-3:00pm for six weeks). Salary commensurate with experience. ($17.50/hour paid in monthly installments by your choice of check or direct deposit. Benefits include ($250/month, sick leave, annual vacation starting at 2 weeks and 3 personal days.)
TIME COMMITMENT: 35 hours per week
▪ A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field (or equivalent) and five (5) year experience working with children and youth. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
▪ Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
▪ Demonstrated ability in achieving academic outcomes in low-income communities
▪ Demonstrated ability working in pursuing change and reform with intent in achieving results
▪ Critical thinking skills, collaborative and listening skills
▪ Demonstrated supervision skills preferably managing at least staff of 3 and volunteers
▪ Knowledge and experience working with community youth.
▪ Experience reporting as needed to funders
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population of youth, parents, and community partners.
▪ Ability to handle multiple tasks.
▪ Computer skills and proficiency with word processing and database software programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and implement daily out of school program activities (55%)
2. Supervise staff/volunteers assisting with daily activities (10%)
3. Develop relationships and partnerships with the participants’ parents and schools (5%)
4. Work with staff to develop yearly service plan for youth enrolled in out of school program (5%)
5. Develop (and/or review) curriculum for designated instruction sessions (5%)
6. Ensure that accurate and current documentation is maintained as needed for OCCCDA evaluation and funders (10%)
7. Work with Out of School Time program partners and ensure that services are provided as outlined in MOU (5%)
8. Work with other staff to develop a network of social service and support agencies which provide services to community families (5%)
*Note: This is a broad description incorporating the types of duties and responsibilities performed. It is recognized that more specific tasks and duties not mentioned will also be performed.
To apply, contact email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.