United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
211 Manager, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
The 2-1-1 Manager is responsible for working to end intergenerational poverty by ensuring a central point of health and human service information access through 2-1-1 including accurate and timely information. This position is responsible for implementation of 2-1-1 SEPA in the five counties of Southeastern PA and for promoting 2-1-1 across the SNJ footprint in support of United Way’s community health and stability agenda. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among customers, sponsors, and other clients, as well as impacting the financial and operational performance of the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Organizational Responsibilities
• Ensure data integrity and search results for top resource needs and priorities.
• Continual spot checking for accurate search results and resource need identification.
• Provide demo’s on 2-1-1 with internal and external entities as appropriate.
• Participate in organizational team discussions, i.e., Impact Department Meetings, Unit Meetings
• Ensure that 2-1-1 activities are integrated with other departments (including Resource Development, Communications and Public Affairs, etc.)
• Seek out opportunities to develop 2-1-1 through resource additions and extend areas of expertise by building out the website as a robust source of materials and resource guides, regularly sharing with the organization for promotion.
• Participate in work groups, roundtables, and other internal/external committees
• Supports donor education activities
• Responsible for coordinating and managing general operating investments toward better support of 2-1-1 and the safety net.
• Lead and/or participate in cross-functional and cross-product technology team to facilitate integration
2. 2-1-1 Strategy Implementation Responsibilities
• Manage the promotion and development of the daily 2-1-1 work particularly in Southeastern PA including during times of emergencies and disasters
• Responsible for sharing and highlighting 2-1-1 resources for daily health and human service needs as well as in times of emergency response and disaster both internally and externally
• Responsible for outreach and outcomes tracking for 2-1-1 SEPA and general operating grantees
• Support statewide advocacy efforts for 2-1-1 (PA and NJ)
• Monitor quality of 2-1-1 SEPA database and call/text/online experience
• Help to build the capacity and sustainability of 2-1-1
• Liaison between 2-1-1 and key agency relationships, particularly agency hotline systems, emergency response, and basic needs providers in our region
• Responsible for interweaving 2-1-1 into our daily operations – including reporting and dissemination of data to our staff and partners as a means to strengthen relationships and 2-1-1 system
• Responsible for coordinating and communicating with 2-1-1 project staff
3. Organizational Relationships
• Provide leadership in convening key community partners in collaborations around selected areas of work in support of 2-1-1 and more comprehensive service delivery
• Advocate on behalf of UWGPSNJ or organizational strategies particularly related to 2-1-1
• Develop opportunities and platforms that strengthen both new and existing strategic relationships with individuals, organizations, and community networks
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related health and human service work experience
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through
• Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people, and to constructively give and receive feedback
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain both internal and external relationships to the United Way/2-1-1 network, including customers, supporters, direct service providers, government officials and other key stakeholders
• Experience in providing Information and Referral services preferred
• Understanding of emergency food, shelter, and benefit systems preferred
• Ability to train others using on-demand/in-person and online training formats and other forms of technical assistance (such as written instructional manuals and guides)
• Microsoft Office skills and experience required
• Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
DESIRED SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of health and human service system
• Knowledge of experience in Emergency/Disaster Response
• Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
• Community organizing experience
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and note: 2-1-1 Manager in the subject line.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.