2021 Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) Institute – Jan 26-28
Posted by Philadelphia Works on January 19, 2021
Registration is now open for the upcoming virtual Women in Nontraditional Careers Institute: “She’s Still Standing, Stand With Her.”
When: Jan 26 -28, 2021; 4:00-6:30 PM
Who should attend:
Our focus is on 3 industries in the Philadelphia region: construction, manufacturing and transit. We welcome tradeswomen and allies from industry, unions, education/training, government and nonprofits.
Learn best practices, network and celebrate the resilience of Philadelphia-area tradeswomen during the challenges this past year.
- Workshops on best practices for recruiting and retaining women, practical safety and health tips for tradeswomen, mentorship models to retain tradeswomen
- Hear from tradeswomen about their experiences
- Discover new resources to encourage and support more youth and adult women to build their careers in the trades in construction, manufacturing and transit
Women make great tradesworkers, yet these career pathways are often out of sight and out of reach for most women and girls. As older workers retire in manufacturing, construction and transit, and COVID unemployment forces workers to reconsider their worklives, now is the time to encourage a more diverse workforce to enter and stay in these financially rewarding careers.
What is WINC?
The Women in Nontraditional Careers, (WINC) Project, is a Philadelphia regional collaboration to support, increase and advance the participation of women in construction, manufacturing, and transit careers. Founded in the summer of 2018, WINC began as a conversation between women representing the construction, manufacturing, and transit industries about the challenges of recruiting and retaining women in their industries. What emerged was a multi-stakeholder collaboration that includes community colleges, apprenticeship and training programs, employers, industry and union representatives, non-profit and governmental agencies, and most importantly, women working in manufacturing, construction, and transit.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Helping Gun Violence Survivors – Mar 3
- Back to Work: Leveraging Your Skills to Find Better Opportunities – Mar 3
- Webinar: All About Logos – Feb 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.