2020 Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund Scholarship
Posted by Philadelplhia 76ers on December 3, 2019
The 2020 Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund scholarship is open December 3, 2019 – April 1, 2020. The Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund Scholarship Program is available to high school seniors with financial need who are furthering their studies in the fall at a four-year college or university, a two-year community college, or a vocational school.
This competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $5,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school; up to $2,500 per year to attend an accredited community college or vocational school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Mentoring support during and after the transition to post-high school schooling
Wilt Chamberlain Scholars are selected based not only on their academic accomplishments and financial need, but also their embodiment of Wilt Chamberlain’s characteristics of hard work and the pursuit of greatness, as well as a passion for volunteering and serving others.
The scholarship selection process includes a review of grades and courses, standardized test scores, essay responses, participation in volunteer service activities and extracurricular programs, and family finances.
For more information about the scholarship program, minimum eligibility requirements, and to apply, click here: https://www.wiltfund.org/scholarship-program/
Learn more about the fund here: https://www.wiltfund.org/wilt-the-fund/
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Podcast: Contagious Conversations, CDC Foundation
- Spring 2021 Pulitzer Center Teacher Fellowship – Feb 8
- Employers Needed to Host High School Student Interns
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.