2020 Summer Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success
Enhancing Institutional Capacity for Quality, Equity, and Student Engagement
June 2–5, 2020
Emory Conference Center Hotel
Applications Due February 20, 2020. Click here.
The AAC&U Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success draws on evidence-based research that demonstrates a positive relationship between student participation in high-impact practices (HIPs) and improved student outcomes. Campus teams will articulate guided learning pathways that serve as catalysts to deepen connections between the assets students bring to college and their educational experiences. Utilizing the VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) initiative as a guiding framework, participating teams will define and strengthen processes for directly assessing student achievement of learning outcomes as a result of participation in high-impact practices. These processes will help campus and system-level teams set and monitor progress toward equity goals to improve educational outcomes for all students.
Top Five Reasons to Attend
1. Design sustainable, evidence-based, high-impact activities across the curriculum or cocurriculum to serve all students
2. Generate plans to bring effective high-impact practices (HIPs) to scale
3. Learn how to embed diversity, equity, and educational quality into your campus’s strategic priorities
4. Work with an Institute faculty of nationally recognized scholars and practitioners
5. Network with campus leaders from across higher education roles and institutions who share a commitment to student success for all students
Campus teams will examine efforts to implement educational change at a time of limited resources. The Institute program addresses ambitious goals for intentionally serving all students, improving both completion rates and the quality of student learning, and it is highly relevant for institutions at various stages of work.
For more information about the Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success, visit this website, or contact JoEllen Alberts email@example.com
- Call for Proposals: Green Philly Symposium
- 2020 Annual Conference – Grantmakers for Education
- The Challah Convention – Aug 13&14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.