2020 IUPUI Research Academy – May 13-15
Posted by IUPUI on February 4, 2020
Registration is now open for the 2020 IUPUI Research Academy. Convened from May 13-15, 2020 on the IUPUI campus, the Research Academy is an intense, interactive 3-day workshop designed to develop research, assessment, and evaluation skills, learn about methods, and develop a research and/or assessment project on high impact practices or other engaged learning. Convened since 2009, the Research Academy historically focused on service learning research. However, beginning in 2019 the Research Academy has expanded its scope to cover other types of high impact practices and engaged learning (e.g., themed learning communities, ePortfolios, global engagement).
If you want to learn more, please read this article: https://www.airweb.org/collaborate-learn/reports-publications/eair-newsletter/article/2019/12/17/facilitating-the-study-of-engaged-learning-the-iupui-research-academy
Research Academy Objectives:
● To strengthen research and assessment on high impact practices and other engaged learning
● To provide consultation and feedback on research and assessment ideas
● To build a network of HIP and engaged learning scholars
● To advance scholarship of teaching and learning
A significant amount of time during the Research Academy is dedicated to learning communities where attendees are divided into groups of 6-8 based on their background and research/assessment interests. Facilitated by two Research Academy faculty, these highly supportive and interactive sessions:
● establish methods to gather data needed
● determine the appropriate design, methodology and timeline.
● advance attendees’ ability to formulate and refine a research question
● identify theories to frame their research
Read more about the conference: https://csl.iupui.edu/workshops-events/conferences/academy/index.html
● Faculty/Staff ($375)
● Indiana University Faculty/Staff ($275)
● For more information contact Tom Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-274-0110
Register for the Research Academy at: https://indianauniv.ungerboeck.com/prod/emc00/register.aspx?OrgCode=10&EvtID=9623&AppCode=REG&CC=119121004007
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Taking Research Public: Tips for Writing Effective Op-Eds – Oct 8
- New Issue: Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Campus Compact 2020 Election Series: Solutions Journalism: A Tool for Creating Civic Empowerment – Oct 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.