2020 Gulf-South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Keynote Speakers Announced
Posted by Gulf-South Summit on September 24, 2019
Keynote Speakers for the 2020 Gulf-South Summit, to be held in Nashville, TN, March 25-27, include Dr. Sekou Franklin, Associate Professor of Political Science at Middle TN State University and author of After the Rebellion: Black Youth, Social Movement Activism, and the Post-Civil Rights Generation (NYU Press, 2014) , Elaine Weiss, award winning journalist and author of The Woman’s Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote (Viking/Penguin, 2018) and Becca Stevens, author, speaker, priest, social entrepreneur, founder and president of Thistle Farms, a social enterprise that employs more than 1800 women worldwide. For more information on the speakers, click here.
Proposals can be for Interactive Workshops, Panel Discussions, Individual Presentations, Posters or the Student Showcase.
Award Categories, with $1000 prize, plaque and a complimentary registration in each, include:
- Outstanding Practitioner Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education
- Outstanding Community Partner Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education,
- Outstanding Faculty Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education – Instruction
- Outstanding Faculty Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education – Research
- Outstanding Student Contributions to Service-Learning in Higher Education
- Outstanding Service-Learning Collaboration in Higher Education
For more information, click here.
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Taking Research Public: Tips for Writing Effective Op-Eds – Oct 8
- New Issue: Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Campus Compact 2020 Election Series: Solutions Journalism: A Tool for Creating Civic Empowerment – Oct 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.